- a. A beautiful upper lip
- b. A beautiful lower lip
- c. Both upper and lower lips harmonize with each other
- d. The harmonizing upper and lower lips harmonize with the surrounding face in terms of shape and scale (volume)
- e. The upper and lower lips continue to harmonize well into the future (akin to a long-lasting result)
- f. Scars are as imperceptible as they can be
- g. The chance of nasal distortion and other complications are kept to a bare minimum
- h. Lip function is retained (perhaps even improved with the new found confidence!)
- i. Recovery is minimized whenever possible
- j. A patient’s expectations are aligned with reality.
Beautiful Upper Lip Lifts without scars?
When we choose to undergo a plastic surgical procedure, we do so to get a beautiful result which is balanced for the face and one that is as permanent as possible and one which doesn’t interfere with function. I don’t think anyone would argue with the above. Lips are a unique anatomical future. They connote youth, beauty and sexuality. However, their job is not only to look beautiful, they have to also function. This is contrast to a nose or an ear which have no moving parts. And as a plastic surgeon helping to advance the field of lip reshaping surgery (LRS), this is where the challenge lays. When a patient asks me to make them a beautiful set of lips, I have to ensure: