Beverly Hills Nose Job
A Nose Job (Rhinoplasty) is among the most widespread types of plastic surgery practiced today. It is also one of the most complicated to perform. Rhinoplasty can be used for a wide range of adjustments in the shape of your nose. It can increase or decrease the size, alter the tip or bridge or nostrils, even modify the angle between your nose and upper lip. Rhinoplasty is not only useful for aesthetic purposes, but can be used for more practical and essential corrections. Birth defects, injuries and even breathing complications can be resolved with Rhinoplasty.
Best Candidates for the Procedure:
The most appropriate candidates for nose jobs are:
• At least 14 years old for young women, 16 for young men
• Older patients with a nose that has started to hang or with an increasingly drooping tip
• Patients who have a congenitally crooked nose or one that has been deviated because of trauma
• Those who suffer from nasal obstruction from a anatomical problem of the nose
• Those who need to correct a cleft lip-nasal deformity
• Needing to get the results of a previous rhinoplasty improved while having realistic expectations of the results
• Those with nasal skin which is neither too thick or too thin
General Information About The Procedure:
Dr Haworth used to perform 80% of his rhinoplasties closed to avoid the theoretical scar across the columella (the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils) as well as prolonged swelling. However, he found that these supposed advantages to the closed method did not borne out to be true. The closed method tended to result in less accurate suture placement, shifted cartilage grafts and less consistent results; therefore, Dr Haworth has shifted his approach to an open one in over 85% , based upon practicality, reliability, safety and ultimately, patient satisfaction.
Typical Recovery Time:
By the end of the second week, you'll look and feel much better. Most patients are back at work about one to two weeks after surgery. If you need it, special camouflage makeup can mask most bruising that remains.
Copyright © 2013 The Haworth Institute, Beverly Hills, California - all content and materials are protected by US and International Copyright Laws